UMC - Grandes Marques et Maisons de Champagne

Home > The residence of Tibaud IV

The residence of Tibaud IV

The residence of the Counts of Champagne is a Taittinger property located in the heart of Rheims between the town hall and the cathedral. Built in the 13th Century, it served as the residence of Thibaud IV (1201–1253) and the Counts of Champagne in general when they came to Rheims for the anointing of the kings of France.

Partly destroyed in the First World War, it was sumptuously restored under the direction of the Minister for the Arts and is maintained to this day thanks to the generosity of Taittinger Champagne House.


  • Gravure 1840
  • Thibaut Comte de Champagne